The FULL native iOS Game Kit framework is now available to you as an AIR Native Extension, including real-time and turn-based Game Center matches.
The iOS Game Kit native extension allows your game to setup real-time Game Center matches for up to 4 players, send and receive custom data between players, and enable voice chat during gameplay! It also allows your game to integrate turn-based matches for up to 16 players. This ANE also includes the commonly used leaderboard and achievements. All of this comes in an easy high-level API, with a low-level API to ALL native Game Kit calls in case you need to use advanced functionalities.
Important Note: This ANE supports iOS, and implements the FULL iOS Game Kit framework.
Requires iOS 6.0 SDK to build, but it can be used with iOS 4.3 and up
What’s New in Version 1.3:
- Handling turn-based accept invitation event. It is set as the current match now.
- Added TurnBasedMatchesController.setCurrentMatch().
- Added TurnBasedMatch.saveTurn().
- Added TurnBasedMatch.isLocalPlayerInMatch.
- TurnBasedMatch.isNewMatch checks whether matchData is empty instead of the first participant’s lastTurnDate.
- Fixed other bugs in TurnBasedMatch.
- Better documentation for events in ASDocs.
What’s New in Version 1.2:
- Added showExistingMatches argument to TurnBasedMatchesController.startMatch().
- Added TurnBasedMatchesController.setGKTurnBasedMatchAsCurrentMatch();
What’s New in Version 1.1:
- LOCAL_PLAYER_NOT_AUTHENTICATED_EVENT event is changed to an ErrorEvent with description and code.
- GameKit.reportScore() dispatches SCORE_REPORTED_EVENT and SCORE_NOT_REPORTED_EVENT events.
- GameKit.reportAchievement() dispatches ACHIEVEMENT_REPORTED_EVENT and ACHIEVEMENT_NOT_REPORTED_EVENT events.
- TurnBasedMatchesController.advanceTurn(), quitDuringTurn(), and endMatch() take an optional message argument.
- ASDoc shows documentation for deprecated methods.
- Fixed bugs and stability issues.